Friday, June 5, 2015

Is it kosher to brag about reaching one’s ultimate goal? Who cares – I did it!! New York Times Best Seller #SummerFire




If you haven’t already heard – with me telling everyone on Facebook and sending my news to all the groups I’m in – I want to share (brag) with you my friends on my blog, Believe. (This blog name now seems to be reflective of my mind set.) 

The other night I learned something fantastic and have been celebrating ever since. Just so you understand, to every author it would be equal to finding a winning lotto ticket.

An anthology called Summer Fire, a collection of twenty brand new novellas, with my story called Big Girls Don’t Cry being one of them, hit the New York Times list at #13 this week.

Phew – just writing about it makes me smile so hard, my face muscles get cramped. Guess I’ve been abusing them over the last 36 hours.

Truly, it’s like a dream. How could I, little Mimi Barbour, reach this pinnacle in a career that I started so late in life? I admit that I’ve worked harder than I ever have before. And trust me when I tell you – I’ve never been sloucher! But this job as a writer, marketing fool, promoter, editor, accountant, formatter, blogger, cover selector, social media pro, promotions expert and did I mention writer, has been the most time-consuming, intense abuse of every skill I ever possessed and many newly learned.

“Was it difficult?”

“Damn rights it was.”

“Was it worth it?”

“Damn rights it was.”

You might ask what’s next on the list. I mean – hitting the New York Times is pretty well the pinnacle.

True…

Ahhh… But next time, I’d like it to make it alone – just one of my books or an anthology of just me! Yeah...

Aha! Another goal to work for…. We need those, right?



**Come back for the next post and I’ll share some of the secrets we used to make sure we were successful and hit both lists!!




2 comments:

  1. This is so exciting. My very best to you and congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah, it was a sweet moment for sure. Face muscles are cramped LOL!!

      Delete