A friend of mine recently had trouble with having two editions of the same book on Goodreads. Thankfully, I was able to help her. Since I’d had a similar problem some time ago, the information given to me by one of the Customer Care Representatives was still able to correct this situation.
In fact, I can’t tell you how often this has come in handy. I’m sure you’ve all had books where either the covers didn’t work for you or you wanted to put a seasonal cover on it for specific holidays (Christmas Books). I know, I have (I don’t worry about readers duplicating their purchases since the publishers won’t let them re-buy a book nowadays) and so numerous times, I’ve made changes
Then I’d go to Goodreads and try dealing with the situation where there’d be the older version of the cover coming up and me floundering around, grumbling like an old she-bear cause my baby wore the wrong clothes.
Finally I broke down, wrote to their support team and found a real live person – a lovely lady who gave me a set of instructions even I could follow:
Here's how to combine the editions:
1. Add the new edition like a new book to Goodreads with the updated cover image.
2. Navigate to your author profile.
3. On the right side of the "Books By..." bar, click on the "combine editions" link.
4. Tick both the editions you'd like to combine.
5. Click "combine".
Here's how to set the default edition for a book:
1. Navigate to the book's page.
2. Click "edit details" below the book's description.
3. On the right side of the page, click "Set this book as the primary edition for the work". It's about midway down the page.
As soon as you've combined the editions, the rating and reviews for all the editions will also be aggregated (so no extra step needed). You should then be able to set the new edition as the default edition.
The old editions will then be accessible through the "Other Editions" section of the main book page.