Thursday, January 24, 2013

Meet visiting author RaeBeth McGee...



Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
 
 
I'd like to welcome RaeBeth McGee today as my special guest. She is the author of the book called "Silenced" a controversial novel about a teen in so much turmoil that she reverts to cutting herself in order to alleviate the pain.


 
How would you describe your writing style?

 My writing style is normally all over the place. I don’t have a set way to write. I just do it. Especially when the urge hits or my characters won’t leave me alone.

 What are you usually wearing at three o’clock in the morning?

I am normally in a pair of comfy pants and a t-shirt.

Important question. Silk, satin, cotton or flannel? What is your sheet of choice and why?
 
Cotton. I can’t really stand the feel of silk or satin.... flannel is just gross to me.

 Tell us something not very many people know.

I can’t say no. I’m soft hearted. When I see someone in need.. I can’t resist but to help. Even if I promised myself I wouldn’t do it as much.

 What’s your typical writing day like

A typical writing day starts with me getting my laptop set up where I plan to write. As of lately it’s been on my living room couch. I open it up and get it to boot up. While waiting on my computer I put on some fresh coffee and grab a cup. Once I’m comfortable, I read through the previous chapter to be sure all sounds good before I actually begin writing and adding on to the story.

Then... I let all the words rush out until it’s time to get my daughter from school.
 


If you could have lunch with one writer, who would it be?
I would say Stephen King if I had to pick an author that’s alive. If it could be any author.. Edgar Allen Poe.
 

Tell us about your newest release.
 

My newest release is Silenced. It takes the reader into the mind of the main character and shows them a peek of what it’s like to be depressed while dealing with cutting. It’s emotional driven and some have even said it’s hard for them to read. So if cutting and depression is a sensitive subject for you... then Silenced probably isn’t your type of book.


Do you have anything in the works?

Yes I do. I’m working on the second book to Silenced and a paranormal series.


Where can we find you?

  Join in for fun and prizes in the
First Love Blog Hop!!
 
 
Create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!

Don't forget about the Kickin in the New Year
Jan 23 & 24th
Great books from Best-selling authors
all FREE!!
Please pick up your free copy of
My Cheeky Angel

 
 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for taking the time to interview me and host me on your blog. I appreciate it. Well wishes to you and your blog for the future.

    ReplyDelete

Contest for Special Agent Francesca