- The Cheapest Way to Travel: Short Stories and Sett...
- Do readers like Bridge stories??
- Please meet S.J. Byrne - author of My Butterfly!
- Meet visiting author RaeBeth McGee...
- Meet Isabella Sinclair - author of Olly!
- Meet Paulette Mahurin - Author and Dog Lover!
- Controversial book by Rachelle Ayala - Hidden Unde...
- First Love Blog Hop!!!
- THE NEXT BIG THING BLOG HOP
- You’re Darn Right Short Stories Sell!!
- Do Short stories sell? Fantastic new **WEBSITE**
- Are the readers buying Mixed Sets?
- Write the Darn Book! Part 10
- Reviewers deserve recognition!!
- ▼ January (14)
- ► 2012 (107)
My Blog List
Powered by Blogger.
Tuesday, January 8, 2013
11:43 PM | Posted by Mimi Barbour | | Edit Post
This month I have released a new boxed set called Mimi’s Mix. I selected a story from each of my three series’ - books that haven’t reached as many readers as I would like. I chose Partners from the Vegas Series, His Devious Angel a full-length from the Angels with Attitudes Series and one of my novellas called He's Her from the Vicarage Bench Series. I put the three into a boxed set and crossed my fingers.
This isn’t my first boxed set; I'd made another just before Christmas. In that case I took the three novellas from The Vicarage Bench Series, which hardly got any attention at all, and put them all together. Much to my surprise, the set has sold wonderfully. Of course the fact that I’ve priced it at $.99 might have made the difference. (Ya think?) And I did hesitate to price it so low. Until I realized that the combined word count was less than many single title novels.
Each of the novellas in the anthology was singularly priced at $.99 and still are. Therefore, you would think a fair price would be $2.99 which is an acceptable price for three separate stories. But after the set came off a promotion and took off, I just couldn’t put the price back up. The sales now have justified me keeping the price low and giving the readers a treat.
Not to mention that those book have reached thousands of more readers who hopefully will like my writing and search out my other work. I consider it a win-win situation.