I won the Sunshine Award!!!
Below is the comment that my fellow blogger Jo-Ann Carson wrote on her blog lovindanger about Believe! when she passed on the Sunshine Award.
Believe! - Mimi Barbor deserves the Sunshine Award because she uses her blog, and a good part of her life, to promote other writers. How cool is that! In books she writes about angels, time travel and recently crime, but her blog is all about writing and writers. She’s the sunniest personality I know.
My first step is: to share the site with you of the person who nominated me Jo-Ann Carson.
Such kind words from someone who I admire and like very much made me extremely happy. I find that her posts are always interesting and most times her subjects force me to leave a comment - I just can't help myself. And trust me, I don't have time to leave comments on all the blogs I like to read.
My second step is: in accepting this award is: to answer ten skill-testing questions
1. My favourite colour is yellow. It makes me feel happy.
2. My favourite animal is a dog. Especially puppies. I love puppies!
3. My favourite number is 7. I was born on the 7th and married in the 7th month.
4. My favourite drink – rye and diet coke in a tall glass with lots of ice.
5. Facebook or twitter – I guess I'd have to say twitter because I spend more time there
6. My passions – the people I love and the activities I enjoy (writing is probably my most favourite)
7. Prefer giving or getting presents – giving ( who's going to admit to the other???)
8. My favourite pattern – cross-stitching angels
9. My favourite day of the week – Monday…I love working, so the beginning of the week means I have 5 days to write.
10. My favourite flower – a yellow begonia…it's my dad's favourite and therefore will always be mine.
My third step is: I get to nominate two bloggers who I admire.
Mac's Mad Mania is a wonderful blog site which has a constant array of interesting topics that cover many different subjects. Mackenzie Crowne is a multi-published author after just publishing her second book That DatingThing and works very hard to keep her followers interested. I find her style of blogging is so friendly, that a person reading her words almost feels as if you're carrying on a conversation. She's warm and lovely and deserves the Sunshine Award.
Shelly Bell's Books is also a great blog to check out often. Her guests are always interesting ( ahem - I've been welcomed in the past ) and Shelly is very supportive to other authors like herself. Her book A Year to Remember is to be released on July 20th, 2012 with 10 free copies available to be won on Goodreads. From many book reviews to posts on spiritual mediums and muses, she keeps her blog interesting and fun. I've picked up more than a few new book choices from her reviews. She's also very deserving of the Sunshine award.
Last but not least – I'll take this time to thank everyone who comes to visit my blog page. You keep me writing these posts and while I do so, I'm always picturing whether or not you'll be interested in my choice of topics. If you ever feel like you have any suggestions of things you'd like me to cover, please just leave a comment.